Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Essay #2 Journal Entry 1

The social medium i decided to look at is Usenet. Within this medium i will be looking at the Hip Hop music and culture group specifically(rec.music.hiphop). The main reason being because i have a huge interest in the music industry and i always like to be up to date on everything that's going on in the hip hop world. So hopefully being apart of this newsgroup will keep me up to date on my info.

Upon entering this newsgroup i really didn't know what was going on. However after a few minutes i caught right on to what was actually going on . I have taken today to just move around through the group and get a feel for whats going on. I noticed that people have posted information within the discussions not relating to the overall topic of this group. I have also seen a number of people posting things talking about the election.

No comments: